Category:LeBreton Market, New Orleans
The LeBreton Market building in New Orleans opened in 1867 at the corner of Bayou Road and North Dorgenois Street. The site had been a market place since before the founding of New Orleans; originally on the banks of Bayou St. John, some locals continued to refer to the location as "the Indian Market" well into the 20th century. It was renovated by the Works Progress Administration in 1938-1939. The building closed as part of the City Market system in 1946, and has been used for other functions since.
Media in category "LeBreton Market, New Orleans"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.