Category:Lewis F. Powell, Jr., United States Courthouse

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

The Lewis F. Powell, Jr., United States Courthouse is the home of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. Built in 1858 as a customs house, during the American Civil War it was used as the office of the Treasury and President of the Confederate States of America. It survived the Evacuation Fire in 1865, and has since been expanded and renovated numerous time.