Category:Lincoln School (Rock Island, Illinois)
English: The original Lincoln School in Rock Island, Illinois was orignally also known as Public School No. 4, and sat at 2125 7th Avenue (northwest corner with 22nd Street). It was designed by E.S. Hammatt and built by John Volk and Company. It was completed in July 1894, and was a junior high school then an elementary school. It closed in 1980 and was demolished in August 2012, at which time it was the oldest school building in Rock Island. (When this school closed, the Lincoln name was re-used for Central Junior High School next door to the west, and this 1894 building began to take on the name Old Lincoln School.)
|Object location||View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Maps - Google Earth - Proximityrama|
Media in category "Lincoln School (Rock Island, Illinois)"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.