Category:Llanfihangel y Creuddyn
Cymraeg: Pentref a phlwyf eglwysig yng Ngheredigion yw Llanfihangel y Creuddyn. Mae'r elfen olaf yn yr enw yn cyfeirio at y Creuddyn, un o dri chwmwd cantref canoloesol Penweddig yn nheyrnas Ceredigion.
English: Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn is an ancient parish in the upper division of the hundred of Ilar, Ceredigion, Wales, 7 miles south east from Aberystwyth, on the road to Rhaiadr, comprising the chapelry of Eglwys Newydd, or Llanfihangel y Creuddyn Uchaf, and the township of Llanfihangel y Creuddyn Isaf. It was also known as Lower Llanfihangel y Creuddyn, Lower Llanfihangel y Croyddin and Lower Llanfihangel y Croyddyn. This parish is situated on the rivers Ystwyth, Mynach and Rheidol and intersected by various other streams. An ancient parish was a village or group of villages or hamlets and the adjacent lands. Originally they held ecclesiastical functions, but from the sixteenth century onwards they also acquired civil roles. The parish may have been established as an ecclesiastical parish. Originally a medieval administrative unit, after 1597 ecclesiastical units acquired civil functions with the Elizabethan Poor Laws, which made the parishes responsible for welfare. The civil function was exercised through vestry meetings which administered the Poor Law and were responsible for local roads and bridges.
Media in category "Llanfihangel y Creuddyn"
The following 28 files are in this category, out of 28 total.
- A view over Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn - geograph.org.uk - 293412.jpg 640 × 480; 176 KB
- Cattle grid near Banc Blaen Magwr - geograph.org.uk - 208124.jpg 640 × 480; 116 KB
- Country lane at Banc Blaen Magwr - geograph.org.uk - 208131.jpg 640 × 480; 116 KB
- Country lane near Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn - geograph.org.uk - 208118.jpg 640 × 480; 170 KB
- Country road, nr Llanfihangel y Creuddyn - geograph.org.uk - 70877.jpg 640 × 480; 115 KB
- Cy-Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn.ogg 2.1 s; 30 KB
- Farmers Arms, Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn - geograph.org.uk - 208097.jpg 640 × 474; 120 KB
- Gate & field near Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn - geograph.org.uk - 208104.jpg 640 × 480; 127 KB
- Gate & field near Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn - geograph.org.uk - 208109.jpg 640 × 480; 106 KB
- Llanfihangel y Creuddyn - geograph.org.uk - 1091780.jpg 640 × 437; 127 KB
- Llanfihangel y Creuddyn - geograph.org.uk - 1091785.jpg 640 × 434; 138 KB
- Llanfihangel y Creuddyn - geograph.org.uk - 812356.jpg 640 × 427; 71 KB
- Llanfihangel y Creuddyn viewed from the north.jpg 640 × 480; 102 KB
- Close-up of the sundial on Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn church.jpg 640 × 480; 167 KB
- Parish Church Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn.jpg 640 × 467; 121 KB
- Sgwar Llanfihangel y Creuddyn Village Square.jpg 3,888 × 2,592; 3.28 MB
- Sheep at Banc Blaen Magwr - geograph.org.uk - 293425.jpg 640 × 480; 117 KB
- The lane to Sarnau Fawr - geograph.org.uk - 1091789.jpg 640 × 428; 130 KB
- The Villa of Havod, Cardiganshire. Seat of Col. Johnes.jpeg 900 × 544; 420 KB
- Y Ffarmers, Llanfihangel y Creuddyn.jpg 3,888 × 2,592; 3.05 MB
- Cynon-fawr farm - geograph.org.uk - 293410.jpg 640 × 480; 124 KB