restaurant in New York City
|Location||Manhattan, New York City, New York|
Lombardi's Pizza, located at 32 Spring Street on the corner of Mott Street in the Nolita neighjborhood fo Manhattan, New York City was originally located at 53 1/2 Spring Street. In 1905 Gennaro Lombardi converted his grocery store into a pizzeria, and had a loyal clientele, including Italian tenor Enrico Caruso. The restaurant was passed to Gennaro's son George, but closed in 1984, only to re-open a few years later down the block, run by one of Gennaro's grandsons. (Source: Inside the Apple (2009))
Media in category "Lombardi's Pizza"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Lombardi's Coal Oven (6377705427).jpg 2,592 × 1,936; 4.22 MB
- Lombardi's Pizza (Manhattan, New York) 001.jpg 3,648 × 2,736; 1.98 MB
- Lombardi's Pizza (Manhattan, New York) plaque 01 crop.jpg 2,688 × 2,400; 4.24 MB
- Lombardi's Pizza (Manhattan, New York) plaque 01.jpg 3,648 × 2,736; 2.63 MB
- Lombardi's Pizza.jpg 3,013 × 2,036; 1.24 MB
- Lombardi-pizza.jpg 2,272 × 1,704; 2.58 MB