English: A lute guitar (or Wandervogellaute, less commonly a lutar or guitar lute) is a a musical instrument of the guitar family, common in Germany from around 1850. The instrument had a regular six-stringed guitar setup on a lute bowl, however there were many theorboed variants with up to 11 strings. The lute guitar was born out of the Wandervogel movement.
- Deutsche Basslaute
- Swedish lutes for Swan neck cittern (late 18th–early 19th century) developed by Petter Mathias Kraft from Stockholm.
- Waldzither for yet another instrument which share the name of "Deutsche Laute".
- Mandora, Gallichon, Theorbos
- Panagiotis Poulopoulos () New Voices in Old Bodies: A Study of ‘Recycled’ Musical Instruments with a Focus on the Hahn Collection in
the Deutsches Museum (pdf), Deutsches Museum Studies, Vol.2, Deutsches Museum Verlag, Verlagshaus Monsenstein und Vannerdat OHG Münster, p. 72 ISBN 978-3-95645-885-9 (Printausgabe), ISSN 2365-9149 (PDF-Download)
"Additionally, in the late eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries, when the fashion for the lute was declining and the instrument was being replaced by the emerging six-string guitar, old lutes were frequently ‘reconfigured as guitars’. ..."
- 89.2.157: Lute (1596), Sixtus Rauchwolff (German, Augsburg 1556-1619). Metropolitan Museum of Art.
"... It was probably originally made for seven or eight courses (pairs) of strings, but in the seventeenth century the neck, bridge, and pegbox were replaced or modified to give the instrument a Baroque configuration. In the nineteenth century, the neck was reduced, fixed frets were added, and the instrument was changed to six-strings, like on a guitar. ..."Note: An example of Renaissance lute which was modified to Baroque style in 17th century, then again modified to lute guitar style in 19th century.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
- ► Deutsche Basslaute (3 F)
- ► Lute guitars in Sweden (1 F)
- ► Scholander lutes (5 F)
Media in category "Lute guitars"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.
- Basel 2012-09-28 Mattes (133).JPG 2,736 × 3,648; 3.17 MB
- Basslaute 03.jpg 533 × 1,286; 90 KB
- Basslaute 04.jpg 640 × 1,499; 121 KB
- Basslaute 05.jpg 410 × 1,192; 68 KB
- Basslaute 06.jpg 705 × 1,381; 130 KB
- Gitarrenlaute Bauchformen.jpg 1,655 × 2,087; 316 KB
- Gitarrenlaute Fensterwirbelkasten.jpg 1,018 × 1,497; 1.13 MB
- Gitarrenlaute wirbelkasten.jpg 889 × 1,213; 118 KB
- Gitarrenlaute.jpg 753 × 1,281; 75 KB
- Lutnia romantyczna.jpg 450 × 884; 346 KB
- Malbork July 2013 095.JPG 2,448 × 3,264; 2.85 MB