Category:Lviv Opera House

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
Object location 49° 50′ 38.36″ N, 24° 01′ 34.24″ E Kartographer map based on OpenStreetMap. View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Maps - Google Earth - Proximityrama info
Lesser Coat of Arms of Ukraine.svg

This is a category about a monument in Ukraine, number: 46-101-1483

English: The Opera House at Lviv, Ukraine, was built in 1897-1900 as "Städtisches Theater" by the Polish architect en:Zygmunt Gorgolewski for the city then called Lwow in Polish and Lemberg in German.

Opened October 4, 1900 with Żeleński's opera "Janek". 1919 renamed in Polish "Teatr Miejski". 1939 renamed "Teatr opery ta baletu". 1956 renamed "Teatr opery ta baletu im. Ivana Franka" in honour of the Ukrainian poet, playwright, and journalist, Ivan Franko (1856-1916). Ca. 1979-1984 major renovation. 1999 renovation. 2000 renamed "Teatr opery ta baletu im. Solomiyi Krushelnytskoyi" in honour of the Ukrainian opera singer, Solomiya Krushelnytska (1873-1952). Ca. 1000 seats.

It is considered to be one of the greatest Opera Theatres in Europe.

Subcategories

This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.

E

K

L

P

Media in category "Lviv Opera House"

The following 200 files are in this category, out of 247 total.

(previous page) (next page)(previous page) (next page)