From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Madhya Pradesh, abbreviated as MP (Hindi: मध्य प्रदेश, IPA pronounced məd̪ʱjə prəd̪eːʃ, translation: Middle Province), often called the Heart of India, is a state in central India. Its capital is Bhopal. Madhya Pradesh was originally the largest state in India until November 1, 2000 when the state of Chhattisgarh was carved out. It borders the states Uttar Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Rajasthan. The state has an area of 308,252 km2. The largest city and the commercial capital of the state is Indore.
This category has the following 22 subcategories, out of 22 total.
- ► Bhopal disaster (3 C, 3 F)
- ► Culture of Madhya Pradesh (24 C, 2 F)
- ► Dumna Nature Reserve Park (2 C, 2 F)
- ► History of Madhya Pradesh (53 C, 15 F)
- ► Social groups of Madhya Pradesh (1 C)
- ► Wildlife sanctuaries of Madhya Pradesh (6 C, 7 F)