Category:Madison Avenue Baptist Church
The Madison Avenue Baptist Church was organized in 1839 and was originally called the Rose Hill Baptist Church. Its first sanctuary was at 154 Lexington Avenue (now the First Moravian Episcopal Church), and its second at 133 Madison Avenue, built in 1858. In 1930 the parish leased its property to be developed into the Roger Williams Hotel at 131 Madison Avenue, designed by Jardine, Hill & Murdock, with a new sanctuary to be included in the 15-story building. The church's parish house, built in 1906, is located around the corner at 30 East 31st Street between Madison Avenue and Park Avenue South. (Sources: From Abyssinian to Zion (2004) and AIA Guide to NYC (4th ed.))
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Hotel Roger Williams (Manhattan) (2 F)
Media in category "Madison Avenue Baptist Church"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- First Moravian Episcopal Church 154 Lexington Avenue.jpg 1,977 × 1,356; 688 KB
- Madison Av Baptist Church 30 E31 jeh.jpg 2,200 × 3,000; 960 KB
- Madison Avenue Baptist Church - New York - USA - panoramio.jpg 2,448 × 3,264; 1.34 MB
- Madison Avenue Baptist Church in Hotel Roger Williams.jpg 1,780 × 1,405; 550 KB
- Madison Avenue Baptist Church Parish Hall 30 East 31st Street entrance 2.jpg 1,345 × 2,298; 762 KB
- Madison Avenue Baptist Church Parish House 30 East 31st Street entrance.jpg 1,728 × 2,304; 908 KB
- Madison Avenue Baptist Church Parish House 30 East 31st Street.jpg 1,658 × 2,294; 935 KB