madrassah school in Aleppo, Syria
|Part of||Ancient City of Aleppo|
|Location||Ancient City of Aleppo, Aleppo, Mount Simeon District, Aleppo Governorate, Syria|
The Madrasa Zahiriye, constructed in 1217 as a funerary college of Sultan al-Zaher Ghazi (who is buried elsewhere, in the Madrasa Sultaniye, that itself - as satellite pictures show - has been bombed out of existence). The Zahiriye seems to have survived. In Damascus there is a madrasa with the same name.