Category:Magna Carta Place
English: Magna Carta Place is located in Canberra to the north-west of Old Parliament House. Centrally located in the place is a Magna Carta Monument which was provided as a gift to the people of Australia from the British Government to commemorate the centenary of Federation of Australia. The site was dedicated in 1997 which was the 700th anniversary of the sealing of Magna Carta by King Edward I of England. A 1297 copy of the Magna Carta, purchased by the Australian government in 1952, one is on display in nearby Parliament House. The monument was unveiled by the Prime Minister of Australia John Howard in 2000 prior to the centenary of federation in 2001. Magna Carta Place is located on a semicircular network of roads consisting of King George Terrace, Queen Victoria Terrace and Langton Crescent. (→Magna Carta Place)
Media in category "Magna Carta Place"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- AU Magna Carta Pl panel.jpg 800 × 594; 123 KB
- AU Magna Carta Place.jpg 800 × 570; 70 KB
- Magna Carta Place in Parkes (1).jpg 2,000 × 1,294; 2.45 MB
- Magna Carta Place in Parkes.jpg 2,000 × 1,333; 2.99 MB
- Magna Carta Place October 2012.JPG 4,032 × 3,024; 3.48 MB
- Magna Carta Place plaque (1).jpg 2,000 × 1,333; 3.4 MB
- Magna Carta Place plaque.jpg 2,000 × 1,333; 3.24 MB