Mahabalipuram (Tamil: மகாபலிபுரம்) also known as Mamallapuram (Tamil: மாமல்லபுரம்) is a town in Kancheepuram district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. Mahabalipuram was a 7th century port city of the South Indian dynasty of the Pallavas around 60 km south from the city of Chennai in Tamil Nadu. It has various historic monuments built largely between the 7th and the 9th century, and has been classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
|Object location||View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Maps - Google Earth - Proximityrama|
a Tamil Nadu town, India
|Location||Kanchipuram district, India|
|Elevation above sea level|
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
- ► Group of monuments at Mahabalipuram (23 C)
- ► Buildings in Mahabalipuram (1 C, 6 F)
- ► Culture of Mahabalipuram (1 C, 3 F)
- ► Geography of Mahabalipuram (5 C, 7 F)
- ► Historical images of Mahabalipuram (1 C, 2 F)
- ► Nature of Mahabalipuram (3 C)
- ► People of Mahabalipuram (18 F)
- ► Transport in Mahabalipuram (2 C)