Category:Marble Arch (Libya)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
العربية: القوس (ليبيا)
English: The Marble Arch — constructed by the Italian architect Florestano Di Fausto in 1936-37 by order of Governor Italo Balbo during the Italian Rule, marked the border between Cyrenaica and Tripolitania on the Via Balbia - the present day Libyan Coastal Highway.
- It was demolished by Col. Gaddafi in 1973.
Italiano: Arco dei Fileni, Libia.
former monument in Libya
|Instance of||triumphal arch,|
destroyed building or structure
Media in category "Marble Arch (Libya)"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Arch of the Philaeni 01.jpg 450 × 600; 65 KB
- Arco dei Fileni tra Cirenaica e Tripolitania.jpg 1,684 × 2,244; 2.66 MB
- Bundesarchiv Bild 101I-782-0009-01A, Nordafrika, Panzer III.jpg 546 × 761; 72 KB
- Marble Arch WWII.jpg 1,601 × 975; 313 KB
- The British Army in North Africa 1942 E20579.jpg 800 × 784; 55 KB