Category:Marconi wireless site in South Wellfleet, Massachusetts
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Marconi wireless station site at South Wellfleet was the site of radio station CC, later known as MCC then WCC, on a coastal cliff at South Wellfleet, Massachusetts on Cape Cod from 1903 to 1917. The station facilities were shut down in 1917 after WCC had moved to a receiving station in Chatham (also on Cape Cod) and transmitter in Marion. The South Wellfleet station was dismantled in 1919–1920; and abandoned; much of the site has since eroded into the sea, and is in the north part of what is now known as Marconi Beach. It is now within the Cape Cod National Seashore and on the National Register of Historic Places under the name Marconi Wireless Station Site.
|Object location||View this and other nearby images on: OpenStreetMap - Google Earth - Proximityrama|
Media in category "Marconi wireless site in South Wellfleet, Massachusetts"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.