Category:Margaret ruins in Veszprém

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
English:
Margit-ruins. The ruins of the St Catherine Dominican convent are known as Margit-ruins. The convent and the neighbouring church were founded by Bishop Bertalan of Veszprém in 1240. The Veszprém convent was the first Dominican nunnery in Hungary. Its most famous resident was the daughter of our King Béla IV. St Margit lived here from 1246 till 1252, until she was relocated to the island of Rabbits (now known as Margit Island in Budapest). In the convent the Dominican nuns raised and educated her. The present name of the ruins commemorates her. Because of the increasing level of threat from Turkish invasion the nuns escaped from Veszprém in 1552 with the treasures of the convent. The monastery was completely ruined during the Turkish occupation. Source & more: [1]. - Located at the foot of St Benedict hill by the side of the Séd stream in Margit square, Dózsaváros & Pajtakert district limit, Veszprém, Veszprém County, Hungary.
Magyar:
Szent Katalin Domonkos Apácakolostor romjai másnéven az édeskúti rom, domonkos zárda maradványai. Az egykori épületegyüttesből ma már csak a kolostor templomának romjai láthatók. Az egyhajós, kelet-nyugati tájolású templom első építésekor egyenes szentélyzáródású volt. Bejárata a nyugati oldalon nyílott. A 15. század végén a hajóhoz, azzal azonos szélességű, a nyolcszög öt oldalával záródó szentélyt toldottak, amit kívülről támpillérekkel támasztottak meg. Az új szentély mellé északról új sekrestyét is építettek. A gótikus szentélyt hálóboltozat fedte. A szentélyben lévő főoltáron kívül, a hajóban négy mellékoltár állt, kettő a diadalív nyugati oldalán, kettő pedig a hajó közepe táján. A kolostori templomokban az apácák csak a szentélyben tartózkodhattak, a hívek pedig tőlük elzárva, csak a hajóban. Ez az oka annak, hogy a hajó és a szentély azonos nagyságú. A templom régi falaiból a 15. században meghosszabbított szentély északi és keleti fala, a sekrestye nyugati indítása, a déli templomfal melletti kerengőfolyosó, valamint a hajó és a nyugati bejárat lépcsői láthatók. Forrás: [2] (Veszprém megye, Veszprém, Pajtakert, Margit tér, Miklós u.)


Icone chateau fort.svg

This is a category about a monument in Hungary, Identifier: 10649

Object location 47° 05′ 58.85″ N, 17° 54′ 00.81″ E View this and other nearby images on: OpenStreetMap - Google Earth - Proximityrama info