Category:Maria Alexandrovna (Marie of Hesse)
Princess Maximilienne Wilhelmine Marie of Hesse and by Rhine (8 August 1824 - 8 June 1880) was a princess of the Grand Duchy of Hesse and, as Maria Alexandrovna (in Russian Мария Александровна), Empress consort of Alexander II of Russia. She was born at Darmstadt, the capital of the Grand Duchy, and died at Saint Petersburg. The Mariinsky Theatre and the city Mariehamn in Åland is named after her.
|Empresses of Russia:
18th-century: Catherine I • Anna Ioannovna • Elizabeth Petrovna • Catherine II • Paul I:
Empress consort of Russia (1855-1880)
|Date of birth||27 July 1824 (in Julian calendar)|
|Date of death||22 May 1880 (in Julian calendar)|
|Manner of death|
|Cause of death|
|Place of burial|
|Country of citizenship|
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
- Maria Alexandrovna (Marie of Hesse) in art (4 C, 25 F)
Media in category "Maria Alexandrovna (Marie of Hesse)"
The following 2 files are in this category, out of 2 total.
- Coat of Arms of Empress Maria Alexandrovna of Russia (Order of Maria Luisa).svg 707 × 1,059; 4.36 MB
- Lesser CoA of the empress Maria Alexandrovna of Russia.svg 781 × 1,013; 4.5 MB
- Maria (given name)
- 1824 births
- 1880 deaths
- Knights of the Order of St. Andrew
- Recipients of the Order of Saint Catherine
- Knights of the Order of St. Alexander Nevsky
- Recipients of the Order of Saint Isabel
- Dames of the Order of Theresa
- House of Hesse-Darmstadt
- Empresses of Russia
- Empresses consort
- Dames of the Order of Louise
- House of Hesse
- Births in Darmstadt