Category:Maria Alexandrovna (Marie of Hesse)
Princess Maximilienne Wilhelmine Marie of Hesse and by Rhine (8 August 1824 - 8 June 1880) was a princess of the Grand Duchy of Hesse and, as Maria Alexandrovna (in Russian Мария Александровна), Empress consort of Alexander II of Russia. She was born at Darmstadt, the capital of the Grand Duchy, and died at Saint Petersburg. The Mariinsky Theatre and the city Mariehamn in Åland is named after her.
|Empresses of Russia:
18th-century: Catherine I • Anna Ioannovna • Elizabeth Petrovna • Catherine II • Paul I:
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
- ► Maria Alexandrovna (Marie of Hesse) in art (3 C, 7 F)
- ► Coronation of Alexander II of Russia (48 F)
Media in category "Maria Alexandrovna (Marie of Hesse)"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Freylinskiy-znak.jpg 835 × 1,036; 343 KB
- Imperial Monogram of Empress Maria Alexandrovna of Russia.svg 229 × 316; 1.99 MB
- Lesser CoA of the empress Maria Alexandrovna of Russia.svg 781 × 1,013; 4.5 MB
- WLA hmns Diamond and silver Lady-in-Waiting Pin 2.jpg 606 × 900; 446 KB
- WLA hmns Diamond and silver pin.jpg 2,816 × 1,584; 814 KB