Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Markus Johannes "Mischa" Wolf (January 19, 1923 – November 9, 2006) was head of the General Reconnaissance Administration, the foreign intelligence division of East Germany's Ministry for State Security (MfS). He was the MfS's number two for 34 years, which spanned most of the Cold War.
head of the East German foreign intelligence service during the Cold War
|Name in native language|
|Date of birth||19 January 1923|
Markus Johannes Wolf
|Date of death||9 November 2006|
|Place of burial|
|Country of citizenship|
|Member of political party|
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "Markus Wolf"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.
- Bundesarchiv Bild 183-1989-1208-420, Markus Wolf.jpg 596 × 800; 84 KB
- Bundesarchiv Bild 183-1989-1208-421, Markus Wolf.jpg 624 × 800; 94 KB
- Markus Wolf Unterschrift crop.jpg 1,626 × 371; 474 KB
- Markus Wolf Unterschrift.jpg 2,027 × 1,114; 1.07 MB
- Markus Wolf Unterschrift.png 1,446 × 501; 125 KB
- Markus Wolf Unterschrift.svg 1,973 × 438; 4.37 MB
- Skulpturen in Stuttgart, 0130.jpg 3,090 × 2,056; 4.28 MB
- Wolf (surname)
- Markus (given name)
- Johannes (given name)
- 1923 births
- 2006 deaths
- Recipients of the Order of Karl Marx
- Heroes of Labour (GDR)
- Recipients of the Jubilee Medal "Forty Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941–1945"
- Generals of the GDR Ministry of State Security
- Members of Partei des Demokratischen Sozialismus
- Members of the SED
- Births in Hechingen
- Deaths in Berlin
- Spies from the German Democratic Republic
- Hauptverwaltung Aufklärung