Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Massasoit Sachem or Ousamequin (c. 1581 – 1661) — the Sachem (leader) of the Wampanoag, and "Massasoit" of the Wampanoag Confederacy, in present day Massachusetts.
- According to English sources, Massasoit prevented the failure of the Plymouth Colony, from starvation, and by forging critical political and personal ties with the Pilgrim leaders.
Leader of the Wampanoag
|Date of birth||1580 (statement with Gregorian date earlier than 1584)|
|Date of death||1662|
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Statues of Massasoit (3 C, 2 F)
Media in category "Massasoit"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Indian history for young folks (1919) (14752985292).jpg 1,814 × 1,354; 638 KB
- Massasoit and his warriors LCCN2005688547.jpg 1,536 × 1,154; 420 KB
- Wampanoag2.jpg 2,317 × 1,725; 920 KB