From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Civic Arena or "The Igloo" was built in 1961 as a home for the Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera (CLO). Later, Mellon Financial bought and held the naming rights until 2010. The "Pittsburgh Hornets" of the American Hockey League played in the arena from 1961 to 1967, and then the "Pittsburgh Penguins" of the NHL from 1967 till May 12, 2010. It was demolished between September 2011 – March 2012 despite the objections from many Pittsburghers who wanted to preserve it as a performing venue.
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
- ► 1990 NHL All-Star Game (1 F)
- ► Civic Arena demolition (12 F)
- ► Inside Mellon Arena (21 F)
- ► Outside Mellon Arena (17 F)
- ► Views of Mellon Arena (22 F)