Melukote (Kannada: ಮೇಲುಕೋಟೆ, also Melkote) in Pandavapura taluk of Mandya district, Karnataka, India, is one of the sacred places in Karnataka. The place is also known as Thirunarayanapuram. It is built on rocky hills known as Yadavagiri or Yadugiri overlooking the Cauvery valley. It is about 51 km from Mysore and 133 km from Bangalore. Melkote is also the location of the Melkote Temple Wildlife Sanctuary.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Melukote"
The following 13 files are in this category, out of 13 total.
- DarkBlueTigers.jpg 372 KB
- Kalyani Temple's Sikhara.JPG 2.06 MB
- Lion carving in melkote.jpg 2.3 MB
- Melikote.JPG 1.59 MB
- Melkote greenery.jpg 3.49 MB
- Melukote 2.JPG 1.72 MB
- Melukote 5.jpg 2.92 MB
- Melukote BNC.jpg 8.46 MB
- Melukote- an old tank.JPG 3.29 MB
- Melukote- Gateway.JPG 3.17 MB
- Melukote.JPG 1.28 MB
- Rayagopura, Melukote.jpg 2.29 MB