Jump to navigation Jump to search
Shqip: Rrafshi i Dukagjinit, Dukagjin, Dukagjini
English: History of Names: The name Metohija derives from the Greek word μετόχια (metókhia, metochion), meaning "monastic estates" – a reference to the large number of villages and estates in the region that were owned by the Serbian Orthodox monasteries. Between 1387 and 1459, the area was a part of the Principality of Dukagjini.
geographical and historical region of Kosovo
|Instance of||historical region,|
|Location||Autonomous Province of Kosovo and Metohija, Serbia|
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Media in category "Metohija"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Dukagjin Plain Panorama Kosovo.jpg 9,000 × 4,000; 9.22 MB
- Metohija - panoramio.jpg 4,500 × 3,374; 4.4 MB
- National serbian attire Metohija 19th century Belgrade Ethnographical museum.JPG 3,024 × 4,032; 5.25 MB
- Nature in the Dukagjini region.JPG 3,089 × 1,693; 2.46 MB
- Panoramic View of Dukagjini.jpg 883 × 548; 106 KB
- Peja & Dukagjini.jpg 3,072 × 2,304; 6.21 MB