Midtown Comics is a New York City comic book retailer with three shops in Manhattan and an e-commerce website. The largest comic book store in the United States, the company opened its first store in the Times Square area in 1997. Its second was opened on Lexington Avenue in 2004, and is known as the Grand Central store for its proximity to Grand Central Terminal. Its Downtown store was opened on Fulton Street in the Financial District in November 2010. The store, which is noted for appearances by celebrities known outside the comic book industry, and for its friendly and energetic staff, was named by The Village Voice in 2012 as the Best Comic Book Store in New York, and has been hailed by Comic Book Resources as "the industry’s leading retailer of comic books, graphic novels and manga."(Source) On July 13, 2012, the National Geographic Channel premiered Comic Store Heroes, a reality television program set at Midtown Comics.
This category has the following 63 subcategories, out of 63 total.
- ► 11.10.10 Downtown store opening day (11 F)
- ► 11.17.10 Mayor Bloomberg appearance (2 F)
- ► 11.20.13 Protocol: Orphans signing (82 F)
- ► 11.6.14 Darryl McDaniels signing (55 F)
- ► 11.7.13 March Book One signing (97 F)
- ► 12.18.14 Brian K. Vaughan signing (55 F)
- ► 12.19.10 Jim Lee signing (7 F)
- ► 12.5.12 George Takei/Dan Parent signing (55 F)
- ► 2.28.14 Bryan J.L. Glass signing (30 F)
Media in category "Midtown Comics"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.