Category:Mikhail Vorontsov Monument, Tbilisi
Mikhail Vorontsov Monument was built from public contributions and unveiled on April 6, 1867. Designed by N. S. Pimenov (1812-1864). He finished only the model of the monument and started preparatory work on casting a bronze sculpture before he died. His pupil, sculptor Vasily Kreitan (Крейтан, Василий Петрович), ontinued the work and completed it under the supervision by an Academy Coucil. The 3,5 m. high statue cast in Saint Petersburg was broight to Tbilisi and mounted on local Algeti stone pedestal. It was the first sculptureunveiled in Tbilisi. Demolished after the establishment of Sowiet power in Georgia. (from www.opentext.org.ge).
|Vasily Kreitan (1832–1896)|
Русский: Вильгельм Фердинанд Кретан
Deutsch: Wilhelm Ferdinand Kreitan
English: Wilhelm Ferdinand Kreitan
|Date of birth/death||1832||29 May 1896 (in Julian calendar)|
|Location of birth/death||Hamina||Saint Petersburg|
|Work location||Russian Empire|
Media in category "Mikhail Vorontsov Monument, Tbilisi"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Alexander Engel. Monument to Count Vorontsov. 1890.jpg 563 × 410; 40 KB
- Monument to Count M. Vorontsov. 1880.jpg 552 × 410; 51 KB
- Monument to Prince Vorontsov at Mikhailovsky Bridge, Tiflis (A).jpg 679 × 442; 40 KB
- Monument to Prince Vorontsov at Mikhailovsky Bridge, Tiflis (B).jpg 677 × 361; 46 KB
- Monument to Prince Vorontsov at Mikhailovsky Bridge, Tiflis (C).jpg 411 × 316; 29 KB
- Monument to Prince Vorontsov at Mikhailovsky Bridge, Tiflis.jpg 760 × 540; 46 KB
- Stalinsky. Georgia anniversary. 1901 02.jpg 2,606 × 1,966; 931 KB
- Tiflis postcard. Vorontsov monument.jpg 335 × 426; 32 KB