Category:Mill stream, Stellenbosch
English: Dutch settlers established the mill stream in Stellenbosch to channel water from the Eerste River to the town centre where it was used to power watermills and irrigate gardens.
English: That portion of the mill stream (leiwater in Afrikaans) that stretches from Erf 1629 in Mostertsdrift in a north-westerly direction up to Marais Street; thence in a westerly direction in Van Riebeeck Street up to Andringa Street; thence in a south-westerly direction up to the eastern boundary of Erf 6460 and thence in a north-westerly direction up to the intersection of Skone Uitsig and Alexander Streets.
|This category shows a South African Protected Site with SAHRA file reference 9/2/084/0014.|
Media in category "Mill stream, Stellenbosch"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Leiwater in Rhenish Parsonage complex.JPG 1,536 × 2,048; 1.12 MB
- Leiwater in Stellenbosch 1.jpg 1,536 × 2,048; 536 KB
- Leiwater in Stellenbosch 2.jpg 1,536 × 2,048; 568 KB
- Leiwater in van Riebeeck Street.JPG 1,536 × 2,048; 1.59 MB
- Mill Stream.JPG 4,320 × 3,240; 3.12 MB
- Wilgenhof 2.JPG 2,048 × 1,536; 1.46 MB