English: Mohawk Island is a small (4 hectares) island in Lake Erie, in the province of Ontario, Canada. It was formerly known as Gull Island. The island contains the ruins of the Gull Island Lighthouse, built in 1848 to guide ships into the Welland Canal, when it connected to the Grand River. It was automated (no longer requiring a human keeper) in 1933, and decommissioned in 1969. It is located close to the shore of Rock Point Provincial Park.