From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Monks Mound (Cahokia Mound 38, sometimes written as Monk's Mound) is the largest Pre-Columbian en:earthworks north of Mezoamerica/Mexico. It was built and expanded repeatedly sometime between AD 900 and 1200, and lies at the southern line of modern-day Madison County at Cahokia Mounds in Illinois, USA.
|Object location||View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Maps - Google Earth - Proximityrama|
Media in category "Monks Mound"
The following 13 files are in this category, out of 13 total.
- Atop-monks-mound.JPG 2.7 MB
- Cahokia Monks Mound.jpg 2.12 MB
- Cahokia Plaque 2.png 4.24 MB
- Cahokia Plaque.png 4.16 MB
- Cahokiaoverhead.png 52 KB
- Monk's mound panorama.jpg 5.37 MB
- Monks Mound Cahokia 3978a.jpg 1.55 MB
- Monks Mound Cahokia 3980a.jpg 1,014 KB
- Monks Mound in July.JPG 1.41 MB
- Monks Mound.jpg 18 KB