Category:Montauk (LIRR station)

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

Montauk is the terminus of the Montauk Branch of the Long Island Rail Road, and as such is the easternmost railroad station on Long Island. The station is located on Edgemere Street (Suffolk County Road 49) and Fort Pond Road west of Montauk Harbor, New York. Originally built in 1895 by the Brooklyn and Montauk Railroad, it was demolished in 1907, then rebuilt twenty years later, only to be relocated by the US Navy during World War II. The current Montauk station is an unoccupied high-level center platform for two of the seven tracks. The platform from the old station leads to the current station. The previous station house is now known as the Depot Art Gallery.

Pages in category "Montauk (LIRR station)"

This category contains only the following page.

Media in category "Montauk (LIRR station)"

The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.