Category:Monument Charles Garnier (Paris)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: After French architect Charles Garnier's death in August 1898, a public monument, designed by Jean-Louis Pascal, was erected on the west side of the Palais Garnier in front of the Rotonde de l'Empereur. Garnier's family participated in the design and selected a copy of Jean-Baptiste Carpeaux's bust to crown the monument. The pedestal, carved from red Aberdeen granite, displays a plaque with the floor-plan of the Opéra and is framed by two consoles which support allegorical statues of Glory and Design by Gabriel-Jules Thomas. The monument was completed in 1902.
|Object location||View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Maps - Google Earth - Proximityrama|
Media in category "Monument Charles Garnier (Paris)"
The following 26 files are in this category, out of 26 total.