Category:Monument to Philip IV of Spain, Madrid

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
Object location 40° 25′ 05.99″ N, 3° 42′ 43.92″ W Kartographer map based on OpenStreetMap. View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Maps - Google Earth - Proximityrama info Edit coordinates on Wikidata
English: This monument to Philip IV of Spain (1605–1665) is at the Plaza de Oriente (a square beside the Royal Palace) in Madrid (Spain). It was inaugurated in 1843. The bronze equestrian statue was made between 1634 and 1640 by Pietro Tacca (1577–1640), who requested Galileo Galilei's advice to achieve its stability: rear part is solid and front is hollow. The statue was initially in the Buen Retiro Palace.
Español: Este monumento a Felipe IV de España (1605–1665) está en la Plaza de Oriente (junto al Palacio Real) de Madrid (España). Fue inaugurado en 1843. La estatua ecuestre de bronce fue realizada entre 1634 y 1640 por Pietro Tacca (1577–1640), quien pidió consejo a Galileo Galilei para lograr su estabilidad: la parte trasera es maciza y la delantera hueca. La estatua estuvo inicialmente en el Palacio del Buen Retiro.


This category has only the following subcategory.

Media in category "Monument to Philip IV of Spain, Madrid"

The following 149 files are in this category, out of 149 total.