Category:Morgan Library & Museum
The Morgan Library & Museum (formerly the Pierpont Morgan Library) is a museum and research library located on Madison Avenue at East 36th Street in Manhattan, New York City. It was founded in 1907 to house the private library of J.P. Morgan, which included, besides the manuscripts and printed books, some of them in rare bindings, his collection of prints and drawings. The original library building was built from 1902-1907 and was designed by Charles McKim of the firm McKim, Mead and White, with sculptures by Edward Clark Potter. It cost $1.2 million. The library was made a public institution in 1924 by his son, in accordance with Morgan's will. An annex building, designed by Benjamin Wistar Morris, was added in 1927-28, and a modernist entrance building, designed by the Renzo Piano Building Workshop and Beyer Blinder Belle, was added in 2006. (Source: Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.)
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
- ► Drawings in the Morgan Library & Museum (45 F)
- ► Pierpont Morgan Library manuscripts (27 C, 66 F)
Pages in category "Category:Morgan Library & Museum"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Category:Morgan Library & Museum"
The following 50 files are in this category, out of 50 total.
- Hans Memling 010.jpg 142 KB
- Hans Memling 011.jpg 171 KB
- Immense Collection.jpg 3.81 MB
- Interior-Morgan Library-01.jpg 26.47 MB
- Light Through Red Curtains.jpg 7.61 MB
- Memling-Home-amb-Rosa.jpg 161 KB
- Morgan Central Court.jpg 812 KB
- Morgan Cloister Gallery Ceiling.jpg 1,004 KB
- Morgan East Library Ceiling.jpg 1.26 MB
- Morgan Elevators.jpg 528 KB
- Morgan Library Details.jpg 3.39 MB
- Morgan Library Exteriors.jpg 9.66 MB
- Morgan Library Interior.jpg 3.08 MB
- Morgan Library.JPG 13.15 MB
- Morgan Renzo Piano Model.jpg 602 KB
- Morgan Rotunda Ceiling.jpg 1.06 MB
- Protected Books.jpg 7.38 MB
- Stavelot.Triptych.jpg 438 KB
- Superposed.jpg 1.95 MB
- The Morgan Library & Museum.jpg 3.87 MB
- Trial by Jury sketch.jpg 4.5 MB
- Vsco 102415-2.jpg 1.06 MB