From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Morrison Formation is a sequence of Late Jurassic sedimentary rock that is found in the western United States.
- It is centered in Wyoming and Colorado, with outcrops in Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, the panhandles of Oklahoma and Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Idaho. *Equivalent rocks, under different names, are found in Canada.
- It covers an area of 1.5 million square km (600,000 square miles), although only a tiny fraction is exposed and accessible to geologists and paleontologists. Over 75% is still buried under the prairie to the east and much of the rest was destroyed by erosion as the Rocky Mountains rose to the west.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Media in category "Morrison Formation"
The following 17 files are in this category, out of 17 total.
- Alloquarry copy.png
- Camarasaurus grandis l...
- Canyonlands strat.jpg
- Dinosaur National Monu...
- Dinosaur ridge roadcut...
- DNM Morrison.jpg
- Fruita Paleo Area, Co1...
- Goniopholis skull.JPG
- Green River UT 2005-10...
- Morrison Formation fro...
- Waterpocket Fold - Loo...
- WLA hmns Allosaurus.jpg