From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Morrison Formation is a sequence of Late Jurassic sedimentary rock that is found in the western United States.
- It is centered in Wyoming and Colorado, with outcrops in Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, the panhandles of Oklahoma and Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Idaho. *Equivalent rocks, under different names, are found in Canada.
- It covers an area of 1.5 million square km (600,000 square miles), although only a tiny fraction is exposed and accessible to geologists and paleontologists. Over 75% is still buried under the prairie to the east and much of the rest was destroyed by erosion as the Rocky Mountains rose to the west.
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Allosaurus (4 C, 1 P, 23 F)
- ► Brushy Basin Member (1 C, 2 F)
- ► Ornitholestes (1 C, 7 F)
- ► Torvosaurus (1 C, 17 F)
Media in category "Morrison Formation"
The following 20 files are in this category, out of 20 total.
- Alloquarry copy.png
- Apatosaurus Clean.png
- Camarasaurus grandis l...
- Canyonlands strat.jpg
- Clash of Titans Saurop...
- Dinosaur National Monu...
- Dinosaur ridge roadcut...
- DNM Morrison.jpg
- Fruita Paleo Area, Co1...
- Goniopholis skull.JPG
- Green River UT 2005-10...
- Morrison Formation fro...
- Saltwash Tidwell.JPG
- Waterpocket Fold - Loo...
- WLA hmns Allosaurus.jpg