Category:Mount Zion United Methodist Church (Washington, D.C.)
English: Mount Zion United Methodist Church, 1334 29th Street Northwest, Washington, District of Columbia. This simple brick building with Gothic Revival details is typical of a number of African American churches built in Georgetown during the latter half of the nineteenth century. It houses one of the oldest African American congregations in the District of Columbia. (An earlier structure, built before 1830 and used by the congregation until 1880, was known as a station of the underground railroad around the time of the Civil War.)
- Survey number: HABS DC-242
- Building/structure dates: 1884 Initial Construction
- Building/structure dates: 1904 Subsequent Work
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Mount Zion Cemetery (Washington D.C.) (48 F)
Media in category "Mount Zion United Methodist Church (Washington, D.C.)"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Mount Zion United Methodist Church - facade.JPG 3,030 × 2,289; 1.64 MB
- Mount Zion United Methodist Church - Georgetown.JPG 3,054 × 1,815; 1.55 MB
- Mt. Zion Church, Georgetown.jpg 1,083 × 1,545; 227 KB
- Mt. Zion United Methodist Church Georgetown.JPG 3,264 × 2,448; 1.68 MB