Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Muscle car is a term used to refer to a variety of high performance automobiles. The Merriam-Webster definition is more limiting, "any of a group of American-made 2-door sports coupes with powerful engines designed for high-performance driving." The term generally refers to 2-door rear wheel drive family-style 4+ passenger mid-size cars (and, by some, full-size cars) equipped with large, powerful, V8s, and sold at an affordable price for mainly street use and sometimes both formal and informal drag racing.
type of high-performance car
|Instance of||car classification|
|Subclass of||motor car|
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- ► AMC muscle cars (9 C, 14 F)
- ► Buick muscle cars (5 C, 11 F)
- ► Dodge muscle cars (8 C, 5 F)
- ► Ford muscle cars (12 C, 3 F)
- ► Hudson muscle cars (4 F)
- ► Mercury muscle cars (3 C)
- ► Oldsmobile muscle cars (2 C)