Category:Museum of the City of New York
English: The Museum of the City of New York, located at 1220-1227 Fifth Avenue from East 103rd to 104th Streets, across from Central Park in the East Harlem neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City, was incorporated in 1923, and was originally located in Gracie Mansion. The museum's current building was constructed in 1928-30 and was designed by Joseph H. Freedlander in the neo-Georgian style; the site was donated by the city, but the building was erected using private funds. Renovations to the galleries and a new pavilion were built in 2008, designed by the Polshek Partnernership. Statues of Alexander Hamilton and DeWitt Clinton by sculptor Adolph A. Weinman face Central Park from niches in the facade. (Sources: Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.) and AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.))
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Museum of the City of New York"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Museum of the City of New York"
The following 13 files are in this category, out of 13 total.
- Excitement realized.jpg 1,836 × 3,264; 1.13 MB
- I am a friend of cast iron architecture button.jpg 1,080 × 1,080; 82 KB
- JunkKeyingView70.jpg 1,281 × 660; 166 KB
- Museum of the city of New York - panoramio.jpg 3,648 × 2,736; 3.44 MB
- Museum of the City of New York 1220 Fifth Avenue from north.jpg 3,264 × 2,147; 2.31 MB
- Museum of the City of New York 1220 Fifth Avenue from west.jpg 3,264 × 1,804; 1.72 MB
- Museum of the City of New York 1220 Fifth Avenue signs.jpg 1,714 × 1,864; 944 KB
- Museum of the City of New York grand stairway with boy.jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 2.05 MB
- Museum of the City of New York Staircase.jpg 1,950 × 2,600; 1.26 MB
- Museum of the City of New York, May 2008.jpg 3,072 × 2,304; 851 KB
- Raining Light.jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 2.49 MB
- The MCNY and NYAM, 2015.jpg 1,299 × 1,416; 1.16 MB
- THIS IS NEW YORK'S MOST EXCITING STAIRWELL.jpg 1,836 × 3,264; 914 KB