Old High German poem
|Instance of|| literary work,|
|Language of work or name|
Muspilli is a poem in Old High German.
Only one partial copy is known, from a 9th-century manuscript preserved in Bavarian State Library (Bayerische Staatsbibliothek, Clm 14098).
According to the dedication page, the manuscript was presented by Adalram, Archbishop of Salzburg in 821–836, to Louis the German, King of Bavaria in 817–865.
The poem was inserted sometime later in the 9th century around and into the pseudo-Augustinian Sermo contra Judaeos, Paganos et Arianos (sermon against Jews, Pagans and Aryans) by Quodvultdeus, using blank pages, lower margins and the dedication page.
Folios: 61r (blank); 119v (margins); 120r (dedication, margins); 120v, 121r, 121v (blank).
The sermon is written in fine Carolingian minuscule, with dedication in rustic capitals; the poem is in miniscule, too, but of a much lower quality.
Media in category "Muspilli"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.
- BSB Clm 14098, f. 61r - Muspilli page 1.jpg 1,091 × 1,483; 396 KB
- BSB Clm 14098, f. 119v - Quodvultdeus last page + Muspilli page 2.jpg 1,113 × 1,472; 443 KB
- Muspilli-med.jpg 740 × 500; 99 KB
- Muspilli.jpg 1,489 × 1,006; 851 KB
- BSB Clm 14098, f. 120r - dedication (Adalram to Louis the German) + Muspilli page 3.jpg 1,110 × 1,449; 452 KB
- BSB Clm 14098, f. 120v - Muspilli page 4.jpg 1,124 × 1,500; 442 KB
- BSB Clm 14098, f. 121r - Muspilli page 5.jpg 1,108 × 1,517; 469 KB
- BSB Clm 14098, f. 121v - Muspilli page 6.jpg 1,107 × 1,492; 460 KB
- Als-Muspilli-Artikel.ogg 6 min 15 s; 6.37 MB