Category:NYPL Tompkins Square Branch
The Tompkins Square Branch of the New York Public Library is located at 331 East 10th Street between Avenues A and B in the Alphabet City area of the East Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. The library originated in 1887 as the Fifth Street Branch of the Aguilar Free Library. The current building dates from 1904 and was designed by Charles Follen McKim of McKim, Mead & White. Construction was paid for with funds donated by Andrew Carnegie. The busiding was designated a NYC landmark in 1999, and is located within the East 10th Street Historic District. (Sources: NYPL, Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.), "NYCLPC East 10th Street Historic District Designation Report")
Media in category "NYPL Tompkins Square Branch"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- NYPL Tompkins Square Branch, Manhattan.jpg 1,536 × 2,048; 3.5 MB
- NYPL Tompkins Square Branch.jpg 1,728 × 2,076; 859 KB
- NYPL Tompkins Square Library.jpg 1,728 × 2,116; 865 KB
- Tompkins Square branch NYPL 331 E10 St jeh.jpg 2,994 × 2,359; 505 KB
- WTM3 Nacho Supreme 0035.jpg 3,312 × 4,416; 4.05 MB
- WTM3 Nacho Supreme 0036.jpg 3,312 × 4,416; 3.76 MB
- WTM3 NYU FC 2 0019.jpg 2,848 × 4,288; 1.38 MB