Category:Named places in Pennsylvania
Named Places which are not necessarily governmental entities such as townships or municipalities, but are widely recognized Named Areas or Regions in the national culture or local sub-culture of Pennsylvania and it's neighboring surrounds (Pennsylvania as a sub-national region containing other sub-national regions).
- Such named places are frequently aggregations of communities, municipalities, and cites such as are used in sales literature, maps, or media coverage. Example, valleys such as Delaware, Latrobe, Lehigh, Allegheny, or Monongahela Valley; Note the first such spans 4-5 US states, the last two.
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Northeastern Pennsylvania (9 C, 5 F)
- ► Eastern Pennsylvania (9 C, 2 F)
- ► North Central Pennsylvania (1 F)
- ► South Central Pennsylvania (5 C)
- ► Southeastern Pennsylvania (4 C, 2 F)
- ► Central Pennsylvania (5 C, 3 F)
- ► Northwestern Pennsylvania (3 C, 1 F)
- ► Western Pennsylvania (5 F)
- ► Southwestern Pennsylvania (2 C, 3 F)
- ► Lehigh Valley (7 C, 20 F)
- ► Poconos (11 F)
- ► Wyoming Valley (3 C)