Category:National Institutes of Technology
|Instance of||Wikimedia category|
National Institutes of Technology (NITs) are premier colleges of engineering and technology education in India. They were originally called Regional Engineering Colleges (RECs). In 2002, the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, decided to upgrade, in phases, all the original 17 Regional Engineering Colleges (RECs) as National Institutes of Technology (NITs). There are currently 20 NITs, the latest being NIT, Agartala. The NITs are deliberately scattered throughout the country in line with the government norm of an NIT in every major state of India to promote regional development. The individual NITs, after the introduction of the NIT Act, have been functioning as autonomous technical universities and hence can draft their own curriculum and functioning policies.
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► National Institute of Technology Calicut (20 F)
- ► National Institute of Technology, Agartala (1 C, 12 F)
- ► Pragyan (NIT Trichy) (12 F)
Media in category "National Institutes of Technology"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Aarohan Logo.png 1,336 × 1,336; 491 KB
- Aerial view of the Temporary Campus.jpg 1,600 × 1,200; 525 KB
- CentralLibraryNITP.jpg 640 × 480; 51 KB
- Lecture hall.jpg 1,600 × 1,200; 413 KB
- NIT Organisational Structure.png 2,000 × 1,583; 89 KB
- NIT Rkl Main Building.jpg 2,048 × 1,536; 1.2 MB
- NIT uk sports.jpg 1,024 × 576; 241 KB
- NITT logo.png 726 × 724; 142 KB