Category:National Weather Service
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: The National Weather Service (NWS), once known as the Weather Bureau, is one of the six scientific agencies that make up the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) of the United States government. It is headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland.
United States weather agency
|Instance of||government agency,|
|Part of||National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration|
|Location||United States of America|
|Inception||1 October 1970|
This category has the following 20 subcategories, out of 20 total.
- ► Climate maps of the United States (3 C, 78 F)
- ► NWS Display software in meteorology (7 F)
- ► National Weather Service offices (13 C, 23 F)
- ► Television Infrared Observation Satellite (14 C, 15 F)
- ► United States Weather Bureau (4 C, 1 F)