Category:National anthems of South Africa
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: The current national anthem of South Africa was adopted in October 1997 and is a hybrid song combining new English lyrics with extracts of the 19th century hymn "Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika" (English: "God Bless Africa") and the Afrikaans song "Die Stem van Suid-Afrika" (English: "The Call of South Africa"), which was formerly used as the South African national anthem from the late 1950s to the mid-1990s. The South African national anthem is sometimes referred to by its incipit of "Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika", however this has never been its official title.
|Instance of||national anthem|
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "National anthems of South Africa"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- National anthem of South Africa, p. 1.gif 818 × 1,065; 76 KB
- National anthems of South Africa performed at the White House in 1994.oga 2 min 52 s; 6.17 MB
- South African national anthem (1997), Government Gazette of South Africa.pdf 1,240 × 1,753, 4 pages; 175 KB
- South African national anthem.oga 2 min 3 s; 2.07 MB
- State Arrival and Dinner for President Nelson Mandela in 1994.webm 1 h 23 min 51 s, 654 × 480; 518.98 MB