This is a list that approximates Italian painters from the School of Naples, mainly those originating from the pre-unification duchies, provinces, or kingdoms, mostly under Aragonese, Habsburg, or Bourbonrulers, which had Naples as the capital. For an overlapping longer list of authors emphasized by Bernardo de' Dominici, the Neapolitan Vasari, see the author's entry for the list of artists featured in his 1742 ample, yet flawed, three volume collection of brief biographies of Neapolitan artists: Vite dei Pittori, Scultori, ed Architetti Napolitani.
- *De Dominici, Bernardo () Vite dei Pittori, Scultori, ed Architetti Napolitani (2 volumes), Stamperia del Ricciardi, Naples; Digitized by Googlebooks from Oxford University copy on February 1, 2007
|Category maintenance links|
This category has the following 21 subcategories, out of 21 total.
- ► Giovanni Bernardino Azzolino (6 F)
- ► Battistello Caracciolo (2 C, 1 P, 35 F)
- ► Aniello Falcone (1 C, 1 P, 4 F)
- ► Filippo Teodoro di Liagno (1 P, 1 F)
- ► Salvator Rosa (9 C, 1 P, 133 F)
- ► Gaspare Traversi (2 C, 1 P, 22 F)
- ► Andrea Vaccaro (1 C, 1 P, 29 F)
Media in category "Neapolitan painters"
This category contains only the following file.
- A man of learning (Avi...