|Category maintenance links|
This is a list that approximates Italian painters from the School of Naples, mainly those originating from the pre-unification duchies, provinces, or kingdoms, mostly under Aragonese, Habsburg, or Bourbon rulers, which had Naples as the capital. For an overlapping longer list of authors emphasized by Bernardo de' Dominici, the Neapolitan Vasari, see the author's entry for the list of artists featured in his 1742 ample, yet flawed, three volume collection of brief biographies of Neapolitan artists: Vite dei Pittori, Scultori, ed Architetti Napolitani.
- *De Dominici, Bernardo () Vite dei Pittori, Scultori, ed Architetti Napolitani (2 volumes), Stamperia del Ricciardi, Naples; Digitized by Googlebooks from Oxford University copy on February 1, 2007
This category has the following 27 subcategories, out of 27 total.
- ► Battistello Caracciolo (3 C, 1 P, 46 F)
- ► Aniello Falcone (2 C, 1 P, 23 F)
- ► Filippo Napoletano (1 P, 23 F)
- ► Gaspare Traversi (4 C, 1 P, 39 F)
- ► Andrea Vaccaro (3 C, 1 P, 56 F)
Media in category "Neapolitan painters"
The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.
- "Corso Vittorio Emanuele in Naples" (1890) by Fulvio Tessitore.jpg 3,845 × 1,649; 4.86 MB
- A man of learning (Avicenna?). Oil painting by a Ne Wellcome V0017691.jpg 2,316 × 3,340; 2.39 MB
- Under the lamp by Edgardo Curcio.jpg 1,824 × 1,805; 2.83 MB