English: New Albion, also known as Nova Albion, was the name of the region of the Pacific coast of North America explored by Sir Francis Drake and claimed by him for England in 1579. The extent of New Albion and the location of Drake's landing have long been debated by historians, with most believing that he came ashore somewhere on the coast of northern California.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "New Albion"
The following 18 files are in this category, out of 18 total.
- Cross honoring Francis Drake's landing at Marin County California in 1579.jpg 2,288 × 1,712; 848 KB
- Drake CA 1590.jpg 486 × 373; 158 KB
- Drake Monument at Drake's Cove, Drakes Bay, Marin County, California.JPG 1,712 × 2,288; 708 KB
- E Clampus Vitus Plaque Honoring Francis Drake's Landing in 1579.JPG 2,288 × 1,712; 755 KB
- Estampes par Nicolas de Larmessin.f151.Le roi d'Albion, ou Nouvelle-Angleterre.jpg 3,297 × 4,620; 2.67 MB
- Joducus hondius new albion 1589.png 808 × 636; 196 KB
- Plaque with Drake Monument at Drake's Cove, Drakes Bay, Marin County, California.JPG 2,288 × 1,712; 847 KB
- Sir Francis Drake Association box.jpg 2,941 × 2,101; 1.06 MB