Category:New Amsterdam Theater
The New Amsterdam Theatre, at 214 West 42nd Street between Seventh and Eighth Avenues in the Theatre District of Manhattan, New York City, was built in 1902-1903 and was designed by Herts & Tallant in the Beaux-Arts style; The Roof Garden, no longer extant, was added in 1904. For many years the theatre was the home of the Ziegfeld Follies, George White's "Scandals" and Eva LeGallienne's Civic Repertory Theatre. It was used as a movie theatre beginning in 1937, was closed in 1985, and then was bought by the Disney Corporation and renovated by Hardy Holzman Pfeifer in 1995-97 to be the flagship for Disney's theatrical presentations on Broadway. Both the exterior and the Art Nouveau interior – which features murals by George Peixotto and Robert Blum as well as tiles by Henry Mercer – are NYC landmarks. (Sources: Guide to NYC Landmarks(4th ed.) and AIA Guide to NYC (4th ed.))
Media in category "New Amsterdam Theater"
The following 26 files are in this category, out of 26 total.