Category:New Fort York
English: New Fort York was built, commencing in the 1840s, to replace Toronto's original Fort York as the primary military base for Toronto. Located on what is now the Canadian National Exhibition grounds, New Fort York was renamed the Stanley Barracks in 1893 after the Governor General of Canada at that time, Lord Stanley of Preston. After the Second World War, most of the buildings became vacant. The Stanley Barracks were mostly demolished in 1953. Today only one of the original buildings survives, the Officers' Quarters, which is currently generally called the "Stanley Barracks".
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Stanley Barracks (4 F)
Media in category "New Fort York"
The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.
- German prisoners of war in Toronto.jpg 1,040 × 761; 164 KB
- Postcard of Parade at Stanley Barracks, 1910.jpg 640 × 405; 120 KB
- View of part of Stanley Barracks from top of switch-back.jpg 1,372 × 943; 633 KB