Category:New York Hospital
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: New York Hospital was founded in 1771 with a charter from King George III, and is the oldest hospital in New York City, and the second oldest in the United States. It was originally located on Broadway between Anothony Street (now Duane Street) and Catherine Street (now Worth Street0. It outgrew its building by the 1870s, and moved to a new building between Fifth and Sixth Avenues and 15th and 16th Streets, which opened in 1877. The original facility was maintained as a House of Relief, which moved to Hudson Street in 1884. In 1912 New York Hospital become affiliated with the Cornell University Medical College and moved in 1932 to a joint facility, the New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center on York Avenue between East 67th and 68th Streets. In 1998 it merged with Presbyterian Hospital to become New York-Presbyterian Hospital, which has 6 campuses. (Source: Encyclopedia of New York City (2nd ed.))
former hospital in Manhattan, United States
|Part of||NewYork–Presbyterian Hospital|
|Location||Manhattan, New York City, New York|
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "New York Hospital"
The following 36 files are in this category, out of 36 total.
- (King1893NYC) pg470 NEW-YORK HOSPITAL, WEST 15TH STREET, NEAR FIFTH AVENUE.jpg 1,500 × 1,729; 474 KB
- Annual Report - The Society of the New York Hospital (1906) (14595696078).jpg 3,536 × 2,168; 962 KB
- Annual Report - The Society of the New York Hospital (1906) (14595827167).jpg 3,552 × 2,176; 862 KB
- Annual Report - The Society of the New York Hospital (1906) (14779978014).jpg 3,552 × 2,172; 903 KB
- Annual Report - The Society of the New York Hospital (1906) (14782334425).jpg 1,076 × 2,520; 238 KB
- Annual Report - The Society of the New York Hospital (1906) (14782338265).jpg 3,552 × 2,168; 1.05 MB
- New York Hospital on 1852 map.jpg 491 × 490; 163 KB
- New York Nursery and Child's Hospital.jpg 1,071 × 1,448; 397 KB
- First Avenue and East 70th Street, Manhattan (NYPL b13668355-482756).jpg 1,909 × 2,173; 848 KB
- Perris Manhattan V. 3 Plate 28 publ. 1853.jpg 6,160 × 4,290; 5.31 MB
- Sanborn Manhattan V. 1 Plate 037 publ. 1905.jpg 4,456 × 6,595; 5.73 MB