Jump to navigation Jump to search
village in Midlothian, Scotland, UK
|Location||Midlothian, Newbattle, United Kingdom|
English: Newbattle (from Neubotle, i.e. new dwelling) is a village in Midlothian, in the ancient Roman Catholic Diocese of St. Andrews, about seven miles from Edinburgh. There was an abbey there founded about 1140, being the second of the six Cistercian Monasteries established by King David I of Scotland.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Newbattle Abbey (10 F)
Media in category "Newbattle"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Abbey Road heading for Eskbank - geograph.org.uk - 1358488.jpg 640 × 480; 110 KB
- Campbell Park - geograph.org.uk - 1460979.jpg 640 × 480; 76 KB
- Cottage by Hardengreen - geograph.org.uk - 1300513.jpg 640 × 480; 128 KB
- Newbattle Old Bridge - geograph.org.uk - 937301.jpg 640 × 480; 128 KB
- Newbattle Parish Church - geograph.org.uk - 1358497.jpg 480 × 640; 77 KB