|Nicolas Sanson (1600–1667)|
|Alternative names||Nicolas Sanson, der Ältere; Nicolas Sanson d’Abbeville|
|Date of birth/death||20 December 1600||7 July 1667|
|Location of birth/death||Abbeville, France||Paris|
Nicolas Sanson (1600–1667) was a French cartographer, wrongly termed by some the creator of French geography. He was born of an old Picardy family of Scottish descent, at Abbeville, on the 20th (or 31st) of December 1600, and was educated by the Jesuits at Amiens. Louis XIII made him "Géographe Ordinaire du Roi". His main work was the Atlas Cartes Générales de Toutes les Parties du Monde (1654-1676). After his death, the business was continued by his sons Guillaume Sanson and Adrien in partnership with A. H. Jaillot.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Maps by Nicolas Sanson (1 C, 87 F)
Pages in category "Nicolas Sanson"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Nicolas Sanson"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Aniou - CBT 5879204.jpg 6,198 × 4,715; 8.05 MB
- La Saintonge uers le septentrion auecq le pays d'Aulnis et les... - CBT 5879824.jpg 5,888 × 4,738; 8.38 MB
- La Saintonge vers le midy auecq le Brouageais, terre d'Aruert &c.... - CBT 5879842.jpg 5,946 × 4,727; 7.79 MB
- Le royaume de France divise en toutes ses provinces et ses... - CBT 5878571.jpg 5,647 × 4,703; 9.48 MB
- Nicolas Sanson.jpg 250 × 345; 140 KB
- Nicolas Sanson AGE V09 1802.jpg 722 × 882; 130 KB
- Timisoara1656.jpg 1,133 × 791; 256 KB