Nodachi (Field Sword), A very long and heavy sword which was used from ancient times by very strong men. The limit of extra length of this kind of sword in comparison with the sword ordinarily used by the same man is 25 per cent, so that if one's ordinary sword was 3 feet long, the nodachi would be 3 feet 9 inches. It is carried over the left shoulder with a narrow belt girdled from the left shoulder to the right side of the waist, so that the hilt will be over the left shoulder and the edge of the blade will be to the left.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Koshirae (nodachi) (4 F)
Media in category "Nodachi"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Hiyoshimaru meets Koroku on Yahagibashi, showing nodachi or odachi.jpg 239 × 606; 135 KB
- Hiyoshimaru meets Koroku on Yahagibashi.jpg 1,537 × 765; 1.01 MB
- Nodachi.jpg 512 × 384; 25 KB
- Samurai wearing a nodachi (field sword).png 328 × 400; 51 KB