Category:Noojee railway line
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Noojee railway line is a closed railway line in Victoria, Australia. Branching off from the Gippsland line at Warragul station, it was built to service the timber industry in the upper Latrobe River area, transporting timber as well as providing a general goods and passenger service to townships in the area. The final section of the line between Neerim South and Noojee traversed increasingly hilly terrain and featured a number of large timber trestle bridges. Extensively and repeatedly damaged by bushfires over the years, the line was closed in the 1950s and dismantled. The last remaining large trestle bridge on the line has been preserved and has become a popular local tourist attraction. (→Noojee railway line)
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Noojee Trestle Bridge (9 F)
Media in category "Noojee railway line"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Map of Noojee Trestle Bridge Rail Trail Stevage.png 596 × 414; 235 KB
- Noojee Rail Trail 001.JPG 6,016 × 4,000; 11.47 MB
- Noojee Rail Trail 002.JPG 6,016 × 4,000; 10.74 MB
- Noojee Rail Trail 003.JPG 6,016 × 4,000; 11.22 MB