North India (Devanagari: उत्तर भारत, Uttar Bhārat; Urdu: شمالی ھندوستان, Shumālī Hindustān) is a loosely defined region in the northern part of India. The exact meaning of the term varies by usage. The dominant geographical features of North India are the Indo-Gangetic Plain and the Himalayas, which demarcate the region from Tibet and Central Asia. North India has been the historical center of the Maurya, Gupta, Mughal, Maratha, Sikh and British Indian Empires. The Government of India defines the en:North India Cultural Zone as including the states of Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana and Rajasthan, as well as the Union Territory of Chandigarh.
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- ► 2013 North India floods (5 F)
- ► Geography of North India (2 C, 2 F)
- ► Iktara (1 F)
- ► Jammu and Kashmir (23 C, 1 P, 23 F)
- ► Maps of North India (7 C, 6 F)
- ► Nature of North India (2 C)
- ► Punjab, India (20 C, 1 P, 79 F)
- ► Rajasthan (23 C, 1337 F)
Media in category "North India"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.